Started in 1981, the department boasts of excellent faculty and well-equipped laboratories. This is the only department in the state to receive national level accreditation for both post graduation and under graduation in Engineering. Apart from publishing technical and science education books, our faculties have also contributed to national/International papers, and have presented papers at International conferences. The faculty is well qualified, dynamic and experienced. The department is consistently achieving good academic results. The placement on the campus of the department is progressively increasing in autonomy.
It has always shared the vision of the Institute in striving for excellence in research and teaching activities and has succeeded in this endeavor to a large extent. Over the years, the department has evolved as one of the premier departments in the institute providing excellent teaching and research in Instrumentation Engineering.
EDUCATION OF HUMAN POWER FOR TECHNOLOGICAL EXCELLENCE
Core Values of Department-
Short Range Goal-
• To organize an international level conference on recent advances in Instrumentation, Control and Signal processing.
• To strengthen ALUMNI network for promoting technological excellence, training and placement of students and resource mobilization.
• At least 2 sponsored research projects and MOU’s every year.
• Establishment of chapters of national and international bodies in Instrumentation and allied areas .
Long Range Goal
• To provide high quality state of art education, research, development and consultancy facilities for technological excellence in Instrumentation Engineering.
• To establish collaboration with premier Institutions, Industries and Research laboratories for technological development.
• To extend expertise towards improvement in the quality of technical education.
• Highly qualified, experienced and motivated faculty
• International exposure to faculty for research and development
• Strong research activities and publications
• Conducive academic and R & D environment
• Continuous efforts for multidimensional personality of the students